As part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare team, the dietitian sees patients by referral from all Team members and provides a full range of nutrition counselling to promote good health and help manage chronic conditions.
Our Registered Dietitian can help you with managing existing health issues and optimizing health for:
- Cholesterol/ Diabetes/ High blood pressure
- Gastrointestional conditions (reflux, IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, food intolerances)
- Ensuring adequate intake of vitamins and minerals
- Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Eating well as a vegetarian or vegan
- Prenatal, infant and childhood nutrition
- Learning how to read food labels
- Eating well on a budget
The dietitian will assess your current diet, your risk factors and your lifestyle, in order to better understand your needs. She can then make recommendations and collaborate with you to design a plan that suits your needs. An emphasis is placed on healthy eating habits and lifestyle changes as the cornerstones to reducing risks and preventing/controlling disease.
Follow up appointments can be scheduled to monitor your progress, answer questions, provide support, and to make changes as required.
The dietitian will make your physician aware of her recommendations at the time of your visit.
Quick Nutrition Check
If “yes” to any, consider a Dietitian appointment
- Do you skip meals?
- Are there any food groups you avoid?
- Is it hard to eat healthy on a budget?
- Do you know what targets to look for on food labels?
- Do you often eat packaged foods?